Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567
Results 61 to 63 of 63

Thread: 605 TIME DELAY CROSSOVER

  1. #61
    Senior Hostboard Member Seadweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Out of curiosity, if I used the Markwart crossovers, and moved to a tube amplifier, would that negate the need for the BSC filtering on the woofer?

    I need a REALLY good excuse to buy a tube amplifer! forums

  2. #62
    Senior Hostboard Member GM's Avatar
    Join Date
    December 26th, 2002
    Location
    Chamblee, Ga.
    Posts
    4,967
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    48 Post(s)

    Post

    Greets!

    Maybe, it just depends on how much output impedance it has, whether it has adjustable damping (bass boost) and how much room gain you have, so look for modern day versions of '40s-50s era Altec, etc. amps. I hope you have plenty of disposable income/inheritance/whatever if you want other than flea power dynamics.

    GM

  3. #63
    Senior Hostboard Member Seadweller's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 25th, 2006
    Posts
    175
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I'm having difficulty determining which range Ohmite Rheostat should be used for BSC filtering in this application...

    GM, any advice would be most appreciated....

    Thanks!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.